Monday 12 May 2014

I'll be there for you

Good evening :)
Sometimes I notice that my English is so bad, no progress and I start to think that I come back to the basic stuff. Don't know meaning of some easy words, which I should know; making ridiculous mistakes and so on. Not only is it annoying, it's also anxious. To improve my English skills, I've started watching Tv series - "Friends", which really recommend. There are 10 seasons, each one has about 24/25 episodes which last around 25-30 minutes.
As title says, series is about six best friends who have lots of amazing, very suprising situations in their lives. We can follow them and have fun of their wonderful and laughable adventures. During the series we observe how their friendship can go through intricate difficulties and troubles. Even though they sometimes have huge arguments, they can forgive one another. Funny wordplays, many entertaining moments as well as many famous guests like Julia Roberts, George Clooney or Robin Williams. When it comes to language, it's rather simple, you can it easly understand. Of course, sometimes, there are some complex words connected with specific area of life like paleontology (Ross Geller is a paleontologist) or other stuff (it depends of episode's subject). Anyway, the series is worth watching, so if you have free time and don't know what to do, "Friends" wait for you!

Learning with fun, that's what I've wanted! ;)

1 comment:

  1. If I may recommend something: listen hard and try to write down the script of one episode, or first just a 10-minute slot of it. I know that all movie scripts are probably available somewhere online, but the point is to do it on your own. You will see that not only your listening comprehension improves but you will learn a lot of other stuff, such as writing down something even if it was not there! I mean correcting the grammar in the sentences that you simply misheard. It is a tiring job but really worth doing. It pays off in the long run!

    ReplyDelete