Monday 21 April 2014

E-reading - better than books?

Hellou everyone! How is your Easter?
During Easter we have lots of free time, so we can do whatever we want to. I started to read great book, very intricate and inquistive. It's "Rebecca" - a novel by English author Daphne du Maurier. During reading I was thinknig about e-reading, you know, what's better: paper version of book or the electric one.

Actually, once, I tried to become an e-reader – I bought a smartphone, then downloaded applications for e-readers, and at least I started looking for some books which I’d liked to read. I found some polish, english and even french novels, which I really admire and I think that they are the miracles of literature. So, when I got Harry Potter and Sorcerer’s Stone I immediately started to read it. Before some conclusions about e-reading, I have to admit that I had read this book in paper version first. And I incredibly enjoyed it. Firstly, e-reading was a pleasure for me, because I had my cell always with me so, I could read Harry in a train or when I was waiting for an appointment with a doctor. Actually, I could read it wherever I was. To be honest, it was only positive thing which I’ve noticed. When I started reading (using smartphone) my eyes were tired in a spare of a moment. Also, the form of e book wasn’t for me. When I read something, I have to feel a book, to touch the paper, to smell the specific scent of books, especially of old ones. I love to fold the spine, ”to mark” a book (by chocolate for example –during reading I eat a lot). For me, books are like friends, and it’s very important to make a bond between a reader and a book.


Finally, I think that I’m not a follower of e- reading. Even though nowadays people use all these hi-tech devices, and more and more of us become e-readers, I’m certain that I’ll never be one of them. What about you? Which way of reading do you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment